Posts Categorised: Marketing
The various strategies of online promotions for your business will be discussed in other individual posts.
Per Wikipedia, “Promotion is the communication link between sellers and buyers for the purpose of influencing, informing, or persuading a potential buyer’s purchasing decision.” Thus, Online Promotions would be that communication happening between buyers and sellers on the the world wide web – or online!
Why have an online promotion for your business?
Simply stated – the answer is more and more people are using their computers and smart phones when searching for your products and services.
Having a strategic online promotion for your business online needs to be a #1 priority as more people use their computer & smart phones while searching for your products and services.
The question really becomes: How can online customers searching for your products and services find you, if you’re not visible online because your business has never implemented an online promotion.
Very important, being visible online means being seen on the first page of the search results whether it’s the Google 7 Pack or the free organic search results obtained through search engine optimization (SEO). Such results are only achieved with a planned online promotion of some sort.
The “how-to” obtain page one rankings is beyond the scope of this article and is covered in posts under the SEO category.
The fact is less people are using traditional advertising such as:
- Newspaper classified ads
- Printed Yellow Pages
- Radio and TV ads
Amazing statistics showing the growing shop online, buy local trend:
- 97% of American internet users use the internet to shop of which 57% characterize their behavior as shop online, purchase offline (NPD Group)
- 90% of online commercial searches result in offline bricks and mortar purchases (comScore)
- 82% of local searchers follow up offline via an in-store visit, phone call or purchase (TMP / comScore)
- 74% of internet users perform local searches (Kelsey Group)
- 61% of local searches result in purchases (TMP / comScore)
- 54% of Americans have substituted the internet and local search for phone books (comScore)
Advantages of online promotion vs offline promotion:
- Offline marketing reaches larger but untargeted market.
- Online promotions reaches smaller but more targeted market.
- Offline marketing has limited tracking options.
- Online promotions can be interactive and track website visitor behavior
- Offline printed advertising is sold by local area, if you advertise in wider area it can get very expensive.
- Online promotions have an unlimited reach and is very cost effective.
- Offline printed ads are not easily changed.
- Online promotion allows you to change your message at any time.
Conclusion: The importance of an online promotion
The desired end result of promoting your business online is, of course, to be found when people search for your products and services.
Obviously, you should immediately start by claiming and promoting your business listings and other free social media marketing.
Finally, you should build your own blog website to take maximum advantage of the increased interaction possible with your website visitors to convert them into loyal repeat customers.
This is only a brief introduction to driving traffic to your website offers. In future posts you’ll discover how to do it using the various ways mentioned above.